Hospital Medicine Group - Bluebonnet
Hospital Medicine is a unique specialty composed of physicians leading and improving inpatient care with the patient at the center.
What is a Hospitalist?
Hospitalists are doctors who specialize in caring for patients in the hospital. Hospitalists function as your primary care doctor during your stay at the hospital. Trained in internal medicine and/or family medicine, our hospitalists have the skills and expertise needed to provide care specifically tailored to meet the unique needs of hospitalized patients and their families. We work with other specialists to monitor, guide and coordinate all major aspects of your treatment.
What are the benefits of a Hospitalist?
All of the Hospitalist's time is spent caring for hospitalized patients such as yourself. The Hospitalist is there to concentrate and follow your care in the hospital, monitor your progress, and facilitate discharge planning. Another important benefit of a Hospitalist is that they see many more acutely ill patients and are trained in the latest methods of treating acutely ill patients. This also improves access to your Primary Care Physician during normal office hours because they are able to concentrate their efforts and expertise in the office setting while you are being evaluated by an expert in the care of hospitalized patients who will be able to see you multiple times a day if necessary.
Commercial Insurance Plans
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Louisiana
- Choice Care
- CIGNA Healthcare of Louisiana
- CIGNA Behavioral Health
- Coventry Health Care of Louisiana
- First Health
- HMO of Louisiana (Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Louisiana)
- Humana Behavioral Health
- Humana Health Plan of Louisiana
- Humana Military
- LSU First - The LSU System Health Plan (First Choice Provider)
- Louisiana Medicaid
- Louisiana Workers Compensation Corporation (LWCC)
- Office of Group Benefits HMO (administered by Blue Cross)
- Office of Group Benefits PPO (administered by Blue Cross)
- United Healthcare of Louisiana
- Vantage Health Plan
- Verity HealthNet
Bayou Health Plans
- Traditional Medicare
- Blue Choice 65
- Blue Choice 65 Select
- Coventry Advantra
- Humana (Humana Gold Plus HMO; Humana Choice PPO; Humana Gold Choice Private Fee for Service)
- Peoples Health
- Standard Medicare Supplement Plans (SHIIP - Louisiana)
- United Healthcare
Updated July 2016